[SCIFIO] Bio-Formats + ITK loading image so slow

Yu Zhou yxz949 at case.edu
Mon Dec 8 10:00:58 CST 2014

Hi folks,

I am developing a pathology image analysis tool using ITK and Qt. In
my program, I tried to use Bio-Formats to load big svs/TIFF images. I
have successfully used itkSCIFIO and loaded a 20M image and did some
image processing. But when I tried to load big images larger than 2
Gigs, I have to use streaming to avoid memory allocation error. But
the problem is, the image loading time is so long! It takes almost 10
minutes to load a 2 Gigs svs image! Is this normal? Does anyone known
how to solve this problem? Could you please give me some suggestion on
it? Thank you so much!

Yu