[SCIFIO] opening tiff files with ImageJ2

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 16 13:47:41 CST 2014

Hi Martin,

  There were two IFDs (id 1807 and 1808) which were unknown to us -
presumably related to the FusionCapt software you're using. As interpreted
by the TIFF spec they would cause reading past the EOF. There was a
safeguard in the SCIFIO parser to truncate such a read before the EOF, but
it wasn't implemented properly.

 I fixed the bug,<https://github.com/scifio/scifio/commit/2b9f1be852c4b2bffee40a673924780022ac2c54>and
added a SCIFIO-dev
update site <http://fiji.sc/List_of_update_sites> for Fiji. Using this
update site will allow you to use the most recent SCIFIO. Generally, this
isn't guaranteed to be stable, but it should help if you want to view your
data in IJ2 between now and the next SCIFIO release.

Thanks again for reporting this issue. Let me know if anything else comes
up!

- Mark