[SCIFIO] DICOM format detection

Burkhard Hoeckendorf burkhard.hoeckendorf at web.de
Mon Apr 13 14:23:19 CDT 2015

Dear Mark,

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try playing with the format priority.
That being said, I've tried this strategy (in an unrelated project) to
override a format implementation in SCIFIO with our own implementation.
Back then (a few months ago), it did not work reliably in my hands.

Another question is whether there is an option to turn off the automatic
min-max computation. Thanks to SCIFIO, we've found a nice way to
integrate our format with ImageJ, but using this comes at the price of a
pretty substantial IO performance hit that frankly is a source of
constant dissatisfaction. I suspect deactivating the min-max computation
may be an easy way to improve things, presumably without breaking
anything else (?)

Best,
Burkhard