[SCIFIO] reuse reader for files of same format

Mark Hiner hinerm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 07:53:22 CDT 2013

Hi Michael,

  This definitely should work. The Metadata attached to a Reader should
determine the image dimensionality, and the Metadata should be re-parsed
automatically when setting the source.

 Oh.. but looking at the source, the PNG reader has state (it remembers the
last plane it read. So if the reader was stateless (which it's supposed to
be) it should work. I'll just have to make a pass through the formats and
remove any state from the readers, or if that's not possible I'll make sure
they reset properly when calling setSource.

Thanks for pointing this out,
Mark

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Michael Zinsmaier <michael.zinsmaier at gmx.de