[SCIFIO] reuse reader for files of same format

Michael Zinsmaier michael.zinsmaier at gmx.de
Mon Aug 26 07:13:16 CDT 2013

Hi together,

is it possible to use the same reader for multiple files of the same format?
I want to read e.g. 10  .png files that may differ in their
dimensionality but use all the same format and encoding can I reuse a
reader instead of doing the potentially expensive format tests for each
file. We tried it naively with reader.setSource which somehow works but
dimensionality and size data is not rediscovered => the reader tries to
load all images with the same size.

Is their a better way to do this?
(We still want to use the format discovery for the first image but
assume for all others that they have the same format.)

Best Regards Michael