[SCIFIO] error pictures

Mark Hiner hinerm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 11:16:07 CDT 2013

Hi Michael,

 I decided to copy the scifio list on this after determining that it is a
general issue with the SCIFIO framework.

 The problem is that, although several formats allow pixel types < 8 bits
(e.g. the images you provided were binary images), all the
SCIFIO/Bio-Formats framework is built around N-bytes per pixel image types.

  I made an issue <https://github.com/scifio/scifio/issues/55> to support
less than 1 bit per pixel... but I'm not fully sure how deep these changes
would go. So I'll have to look into it.

- Mark

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Michael Zinsmaier <michael.zinsmaier at gmx.de