[SCIFIO] SCIFIO post from phsiao at cs.unc.edu requires approval

Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao phsiao at cs.unc.edu
Tue Oct 15 15:21:08 CDT 2013

Hi Mark,

The output dimension is 3, which is equal to the input's dimension. I also
tried "-d 5". Seems to me it doesn't change anything of the output. The
output dimension is still 3 and the pixel values are wrong.

Don't know if this helps. I put the following code after reader->Update()
to check the image's min and max pixel values:

typedef itk::MinimumMaximumImageCalculator <ImageType>
ImageCalculatorFilterType;
ImageCalculatorFilterType::Pointer imageCalculatorFilter =
ImageCalculatorFilterType::New ();
imageCalculatorFilter->SetImage(reader->GetOutput());
imageCalculatorFilter->Compute();
cout << "max intensity " << imageCalculatorFilter->GetMaximum() << endl;
cout << "min intensity " << imageCalculatorFilter->GetMinimum();

The value range is the full range of 'float' from -3.49e38 to 3.49e38,
which seems wrong. But if I comment out reader->SetImageIO(io), the values
look reasonable.

Thanks,
Joe