[SCIFIO] Scrambled tiles in czi files with Scifio-Itk bridge

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jun 19 14:48:46 CDT 2014

Hi Kedar,

> I have made montages of the same image in three instances where tiles
> were scrambled and once when it worked.

When you have file-format-specific problems like this, it is very important
to understand at what layer the problem is occurring. Please test with
Bio-Formats 5.0.2 -- e.g., with the command line tools, or in an up-to-date
version of Fiji -- and verify whether you see the same faulty behavior.
Then test with an older version of Bio-Formats [1], too. If the problem
occurs with 5.0.2 on its own, that rules out the SCIFIO-ITK bridge layer as
the culprit, meaning the bug should be reported to the ome-users list [2]
so that the Bio-Formats developers can address it.

Or if the problem truly is with the ITK bridge, then Mark is the best
person to investigate, when he returns from vacation.

Regards,
Curtis

[1] http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/