[SCIFIO] SCIFIO or Bio-Formats for C++?

Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao phsiao at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jun 17 10:45:51 CDT 2015

Hi,

I wanted to add Nikon Elements nd formats support to a program written in
C++, and I think integrating SCIFIO or Bio-Formats into the program do the
job.

After Google searching for a while, I am still very confused and not sure
which one to use.
Bio-Fomrats C++
<http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.1/developers/cpp/overview.html>
seems
to be a newer method and the most native to C++ , but on the page it says
it only supports TIFF and OME-TIFF and all other readers and writers from
the Java implementation are currently unavailable.
Bio-Formats C++ bindings
<http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.1/developers/jace/overview.html>
has
been there for a long time. Maybe this is still the way to go?
SCIFIO-imageio <https://github.com/scifio/scifio-imageio> is the only
SCIFIO project related to C++ that I could find, but it was written for ITK.

Are these the options that I have now for my need?

Thanks,
Joe