[SCIFIO] Imaris writer in FIJI

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:38:20 CST 2015

Hi Henry,

> Has the Imaris writer been adde to FIJI yet?

Yes, it was added on February 3.

> Where should I look to find it--in the save as menu?

No one added an ImageJ command for it, so it will not be in the menus. (We
learned that having a separate menu item for every file format does not
scale well.)

Rather, the writer will be invoked automatically by the File > Export >
Image... command when a file with extension .ims is specified.

Unfortunately, in my tests just now, there are bugs. I filed some issues
for them:

* https://github.com/scifio/scifio/issues/261
* https://github.com/scifio/scifio/issues/262

We will investigate these problems later this week.

Regards,
Curtis